Friday, February 27, 2015

Songs for Moonlit Nights by The Rain (plus bonus tracks)

.
In 2006, my former bandmate in Half Life Half Death, our lead guitar player and cosongwriter Rain Paggao released independently a full album of original songs with a couple covers using the band name The Rain. In the album, entitled Girl in Mind, he played all the instruments and sang most of the songs. Some songs were sung by his brother, JB Paggao. The album included Rain's solo guitar instrumental version of the song "More to Lose" by Seona Dancing. Fancying it, I asked Rain if I could make a version of it by adding keyboard and vocal tracks. He said yes. So, I made a new version of the said song. In addition to that, Rain and I collaborated on another song, an original, "My Brilliant Friend." We worked together using the moniker Half Moon Half Rain. The original plan was for us to finish a full album, but we failed to pursue it.

Feeling that the two songs we made together might just be lost in musical oblivion, I have now decided to repackage his solo album, change the album title, and include two songs we made as Half Moon Half Rain.




Perhaps the only recorded rearrangement of the song "More to Lose" by Seona Dancing; this was me on vocals and keyboards and Rain Paggao on guitar, as Half Moon Half Rain. 

I am planning to release this properly on physical CDs soon. In the meantime, I want to share a digital copy of this new project of mine. 


by The Rain
(with Half Moon Half Rain)


01 Ben's Magic
02 Girl in Mind
03 Singing My Pain Away
04 The Ghost in You
05 I, Sisyphus (instrumental)
06 Pourin' Rain
07 Cold Rooms
08 Perfect Moment
09 Shouldn't Spoil the Day
10 More to Lose (instrumental)
11 Games
12 Back to the Old House
13 I Won't Be There
14 Pilgrim (instrumental)
15 My Brilliant Friend (by Half Moon Half Rain)
16 More to Lose (Cold mix) (by Half Moon Half Rain)

original album recorded in 2006

tracks 1-12, 13-14: recorded by The Rain
tracks 15-16: by Half Moon Half Rain


"The Ghost in You" was originally by The Psychedelic Furs
"More to Lose" was originally by Seona Dancing
"Back to the Old House" was originally by The Smiths

tracks 1-3, 5, 7-9, 11, 13-14: written/composed by Rain Paggao
tracks 2, 6: written by Rain Paggao and JB Paggao
track 15: written by aLfie vera mella

guest vocals on track 12: Rudolph "Pogz" Paz of Dead Pop Stars, of which Paggao became also the guitar player
vocals and keyboards on tracks 15, 16: aLfie vera mella
vocals on 2, 3, 6: JB Paggao
vocals on the rest of the songs: Rain Paggao

a modified version of the album in CD format will be released soon.

GET a digital copy of Songs for Moonlit Nights by The Rain.

1 comment: